You cannot synchronize your contact list, memo list, task list, or calendar. Create a delimited export file, also called a “flat file”, from within the application. Tabs or commas are commonly used as delimiters. Export and save the file to the computer or network. Data can then be transferred to or from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Intellisync ASCII translator.
To configure the Intellisync translator.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and select Synchronize.
- Select the Configuration tab at the top of the menu and select Configure Synch.
- Select the application which you would like to import or export (Calendar, MemoPad, Address Book or Tasks applications) and click on Setup.
- For the translator, select ASCII Importer/Exporter and then select next.
- Set the operation to either Import or Export. Data can be imported to, or exported from, the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Click Options and specify the values that were used to delimit the data. Click OK.
- Click Browse under Database file for ASCII Importer/Exporter connector to specify the file name to import from or export to. If this file does not yet exist, a prompt will appear asking to create this file.
- Click Next and then Finish to complete the configuration of this item.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 if synchronizing with multiple items (Address Book, Calendar, MemoPad, Tasks applications)
- Click OK and return to the Synchronize tab.
- Make sure that the Synchronize Organizer Data option is selected, then click Synchronize Now.
If the file still appears to be missing information after synchronizing, recheck the Field Mapping.
- Click Configure PIM.
- Highlight the organizer database you want to synchronize.
- Click Configure>Advanced>Field Mapping.
- To link fields, point and click in the middle column to Add or Remove.
- Click OK.
- On the Intellisync Configuration screen, click OK.
- Make sure that Synchronize PIM is selected.
- Click Synchronize Now.
Credit to Blackberry Knowledge Base