Sometimes, we need some updates for drivers and patches in our Windows environment. Windows has provided the Windows Updates application in Control Panel for users in order to automatically update the system. But, sometimes we prefer not to automatically update the system because of certain reasons, e.g. lack of bandwidth, compatibility issues, IT security policy, etc.
Fortunately, we can download manually the updates we need directly from Microsoft update source. Here’s is the step:
- Open up the Internet Explorer. Yes, you need Internet Explorer to access the site.
- Paste the address: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx in the address bar.
- Install the Active-X plugin necessary to run the functionality of the page.
- Insert the keywords in the search fields and voila! you get the updates provided by Microsoft related to the search keywords.
- Follow the next steps to complete the download.
That’s all. Happy updating!